Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Be content to be a simple sheep, listening for my voice and following me.  I will lead you into restful green pastures and guide you along paths of righteousness."  From Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

One of my favorite images of Christ is that of the Good Shepherd.  Both Psalm 23 and John 10 paint powerful images of how much the Good Shepherd cares for His sheep.  He knows each one by name and they know Him by the sound of His voice.  I love that God knows me by name and I can recognize Him by His voice!  I am but a simple sheep, following my very good Shepherd!  And what a journey He is leading me on!!!  As I begin this blog, I also begin a new journey in faith.  Faith to follow Christ to El Salvador.   I'm embarqing on a missionary journey to serve God with my brothers and sisters in Christ in the Evangelical Methodist Church of El Salvador.

Today I am near the end of my second week of Global Ministries training in New York, with one more week to go.  My husband, Brian is here with me and we have met some amazing people!!!  I'm being trained with 9 other missionaries 'from everywhere to everywhere.'  Fellow sheep!

I look forward to posting events from this journey.  I hope to offer stories of hope and encouragement for to inspire fellow sheep and to highlight the lives of sheep with hearts in love with God in El Salvador.  I'd love for you to travel on this journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment