Thursday, June 19, 2014

Praise for the Simple Things!



"Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. 
I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name, I will lift up my hands."  
 Psalm 63:3-4 (NIV)

Tu amor es mejor que la vida;
    por eso mis labios te alabarán.
Te bendeciré mientras viva,
    y alzando mis manos te invocaré.
Salmos 63:3-4 (Nueva Versión Internacional)


It’s the rainy season and that means getting laundry washed and dry can be a difficult task.  This morning when I woke up, I saw the beautiful sun brightly shining and knew my morning challenge – to get as much laundry washed and dried as possible!

Es la temporada de lluvia,  y se hace muy difícil la tarea de lavar y secar la ropa. Esta mañana, cuando me desperté, vi el hermoso sol que brilla intensamente y supe  que mi desafío de la mañana - era obtener la mayor cantidad de ropa lavada y seca como me  sea posible!

In between putting clothes in the washing machine and hanging them out to try, I worked in my office writing lessons for Sunday School.  I was close to a victory – almost all laundry in the house was clean and hanging out drying in the sun.  It was down to the bed linens. 

En medio de poner la ropa en la lavadora,   colgarla en el patio, y ademas trabajar en las lecciones de Escuela Dominical.  La victoria estaba cerca – Casi toda la  ropa de la casa  estaba limpia y  secada  al sol,  hasta la ropa de cama.

I often get distracted while doing laundry and miss the opportunity to let something soak a little longer or to add fabric softener that gives laundry an extra appreciated fresh scent.  I especially love to get into bed with newly cleaned linens and smell the freshness of the fabric softener.  
 It makes for a really good night’s sleep!  

A menudo me distraigo mientras  la ropa se lava,  y  la dejo  un poco mas de tiempo para que penetre  el suavizante de telas,  para que la ropa quede mas fresca y perfumada.  Me gusta sobre todo para acostarme en la cama con sábanas recién limpias,  y oler la frescura del suavizante de telas. Se convierte en una muy buena noche de sueño!

So, today when I realized I had forgotten the laundry and more than likely missed the opportunity to add fabric softener to the bed linens, I ran to the washing machine, 
knowing it had already moved to the next cycle.  

Así, hoy, cuando me di cuenta de que se me había olvidado la ropa, y más que probablemente se perdió la oportunidad de añadir el suavizante de telas a la ropa de cama, corrí a la lavadora, a sabiendas de que ya se había trasladado a otro ciclo.

I was so happy to discover that I had arrived just in time to add the softener before the machine moved to the next cycle!  It was a moment to give God praise for helping me enjoy a very simple and mundane task – and for alerting me at just the right time to add the softener!  

Yo estaba tan feliz de descubrir que había llegado justo a tiempo para añadir el suavizante antes de que la máquina pasara al siguiente ciclo! Fue un momento para dar alabanza a Dios por ayudarme a disfrutar de una tarea muy simple y mundana - y para mí de  estar alerta en el momento justo para añadir el suavizante!

It was a reminder to me to give God praise in all things in my life – even the simplest of things, like getting to add fresh smelling fabric softener to my sheets!

Fue un recordatorio para mí para dar alabanza a Dios en todas las cosas en mi vida - incluso en las más simples, como añadir  fresco aroma y suavizante a mis sábanas!

Praise opens the lines of communication between God and His children – it opens our hearts to give Him thanks and to hear His plans for our lives.

La alabanza abre las líneas de comunicación entre Dios y sus hijos -  abre nuestros corazones para  darle gracias,  y para escuchar sus planes para nuestras vidas.

What simple thing do you give God praise for today?

Alabas Tu a Dios por las cosas mas simples  hoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment